Slackware and Gnome, Or, Is KDE Accessible?

Zachary Kline Z_kline at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 28 01:46:01 EDT 2007

Hiya,
    I love Slackware as it currently stands on my system.  However, I'm supposed to evaluate the features of Linux accessibility software over the next few weeks, and realized that Orca and Gnome are perfectly valid avenues for doing this.  I know that Slackware doesn't include Gnome by default, and I know that I'd probably need to use one of the third-party distributions for it.  The only one that seems still active is Dropline.  Is this correct?
    On another note, is KDE accessible?  Is there an Orca equivalent for it?  If so, I see no reason why I can't evaluate that as well or in place of my Gnome evaluation.
Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Zack.