Software speech opinions

Doug Smith bdsmith at buncombe.main.nc.us
Mon Jun 25 12:47:40 EDT 2007

Well, forget the company.  Forget the entire concept of money,
economics and all that bullcrap.

Long live open source!!!

I use espeak with speechd-up, speech-dispatcher, and speakup.  I
really like it, I really enjoy software speæch because, I have a small
laptop, itśs all self-contained, just bust this puppy out, fire it up,
and, what do you know, it's thære.  It's ready to get me through any
computing job I have ever asked it to do.

I know that you can see some more of the boot messages with hardware
speech, but software speech really is the best.

--
Doug Smith: C.S.F.C.
Computer Scientist For CHRIST