dectalk or double talk advice

Littlefield, tyler compgeek13 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 03:23:06 EDT 2007

First, you're not going to get speech support without a program.
The screen reader puts hooks in the kernel, or catches the video in the case
of jaws, and translates.
Next, I'd recommend USB, because, if you start using newer systems, most
don't have a serial port.
Third, the accessibility of slackware is fine, unless you insist on running
under gnome, x, or something else, then you're really not getting the
benafit of linux.
HTH,