Speakup in mainline was: Gentoo dropping Speakup

ace ace at talkingirc.net
Thu Jun 21 19:21:50 EDT 2007

I am certainly for this idea.  I feel that taking Speakup out of the kernel
and putting it in userspace would be stripping it of its most valuable
feature--speaking from bootup to shutdown.  If the code can be updated and
fixed properly, then it should be included in the mainline kernel.  Does
anyone know what Linus's opinion of this is?