A VmWare alternative

Zachary Kline Z_kline at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 21 12:11:01 EDT 2007

Hiya,
    Just thought I'd throw this out there.  For those of you who are comfortable in command lines--most Speakup users, I'd say--I'v'e found an alternative to VMWare.  This is the open source and free software Qemu.  It is quite fast, and is able to emulate several types of CPU as well as different types of sound card, network card, etc.  Running under Windows I can create .bat files, and run different systems from each.  I'm currently trying to get LFS working--I know, it's a lot of waiting and compiling, but I've got time.  If anybody's interested, the Qemu home page is:
http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu
Yours,
Zack.