TTSynth Is Available Again

Travis Siegel tsiegel at softcon.com
Wed Jun 20 23:34:25 EDT 2007

I thought the whole point of static linked binaries was to remove the
exact problem you're talking about.
My understanding (which apparently is wrong) was that when you static
link a binary, it includes *all* libs required for execution of that
program, regardless of how many/what version/where they're located/
etc.  It obviously makes the executable larger, but prevents the
problems you're talking about not having the proper lib versions
installed.
My understanding was that the whole static link thing was
specifically supposed to solve this exact problem.
What am I missing here?

This isn't how they work according to what you're saying, but
according to what I've read (admittedly, it's been a while, so things
may have changed) this is the expected behavior.