TTSynth Is Available Again

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Jun 19 09:59:24 EDT 2007

hanke at volny.cz writes:
> >> I am wanting to know if the source code is available.
> >Yes and no. Please consult:
> >http://TTSynth.Com/pub/COPYING.
>
> It looks to me that the source code is definitely not available
> except for small helper applications like tts_connector which
> are useless without the main TTSynth code anyway, am I right? :(
> I don't know much about IBM TTS, so please let me know if this is correct.

The ibmtts componant, the TTS engine itself, is proprietary, as it has
ever been in its various incarnations. Despite this unfortunate fact,
and despite some unfortunate resulting issues we cannot ourselves
readily address, it remains the most asked for computer voice. You may
know this voice by some of its other tradenames, such as Viavoice or
Eloquence. The core code is the same in all of these.

Furthermore, our docs clearly state this. I don't understand your point,
therefore.

Janina