moving from amd to p3?

Doug Sutherland doug at proficio.ca
Sun Jun 17 23:30:37 EDT 2007

I am admittedly on the trailing edge, still running 2.4.
The trailing edge is less exciting but more stable.
And most of my linux work is not on x86 or desktops
so I'm a bit out of touch with the most recent stuff.

Come to think of it, I recall in the past having to go
through a pain compiling a special kernel just to do
CD burning with SCSI emulation, but with the
slackware 11 it just worked, even with 2.4 kernel.
I'm sure 2.6 is better but I'll wait till you folks are
on 2.8 and I'll use the stablest 2.6. :)

Greg