doubletalk LT (Re: Hello...)

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Fri Jun 15 08:31:30 EDT 2007

John Heim wrote:
> Make that 3 votes. I have both a doubletalk and a tripletalk.

     Okay.  Thanks.  I think the DoubleTalk will do, as long as SpeakUp
supports it.  I don't really have any other need but to get Linux up and
running.  Most of the people I know use Windows XP now, and I can't
really help them with it.  Hell, I can't even find the link to change my
login passwords in the thing. <laughs>  	If I can use SpeakUp with bash,
vi, lynx, tin, and bitchx, I'll be rolling in clover.  Give me a good
draft mule to do the job.  They can keep the pretty Clydesdales.
Used to run a Playstation for games, because I was tired of
upgrading the computer every couple months.  I think the only reason
they have faster internet connections now, is so they can deluge you
with better looking spam. <laughs>  Jeez, I'm getting old fashioned. <grins>
     I don't plan on taking the synth anywhere at the moment.  I think
I'd rather do synthesis in software for the laptop.  Less stuff to tote
around, but I'm just getting into all this and don't really know what my
needs are going to be.  If I can get away with a pin drive for Win-Eyes,
maybe that'll be all I need to get someone else's system functional...if
that ever happens.  I don't know anyone else with a computer that lives
close-by.  You should see my system.  I still have one of those "under
the monitor" power panels with a strip of toggle switches across the
front.  Behind the monitor there three different extension cords that
all the AC adapters are plugged into.  I like being able to switch off
sound during a phone call, or the modem when Win-Eyes starts saying "App
Starting" too many times to count.  I tried loc.gov the other day and
Win-eyes must have said that 20 different apps had started.  Weird.  Got
spooked and hit the master switch...shut it all down.  I don't care for
Java and having my system running someone else's code.  I plan on
preventing all that $#|+ with Linux.  They shouldn't be able to control
anything but the currently active window.  Anything more is an invasion
in my opinion.  It's also illegal here in California, by law...accessing
or causing the access of data without permission.  Off topic.  I'll shut
up...

         Michael