doubletalk LT (Re: Hello...)

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Fri Jun 15 11:30:25 EDT 2007

From: "Gaijin" <gaijin at clearwire.net>

>     Ahah!  That's two votes for the DoubleTalk LT.  Now maybe I'm not
> too worried about buying one.  I never could find some kind of "Consumer
> Report" on the things.

Make that 3 votes. I have both a doubletalk and a tripletalk. But lately,
I've been using the doubletalk more than the  tripletalk. The tripletalk
doesn't seem to work with the latest speakup-enabled version of the debian
installer. The triple talk has some advantages over the doubletalk though.
It  gets power through the USB port so you don't have to plug it into a wall
socket. The doubletalk can use a battery but i would always forget to turn
it off and the next thing I knew, the battery would be dead.

The tripletalk is also a little bit more solidly built. I had to send my
doubletalk back to have the serial cable replaced. And now the headphone
jack broke. It's true that the doubletalk has taken a beating the way i
carry it around. I am always grabbing it and running up to somebody's office
to fix their computer. But I do the same thing with the tripletalk and it
still works.