Hello...

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Thu Jun 14 05:54:02 EDT 2007

     Hello all,

     Just joined the list and thought I's say "hello" to everyone.
Really nice to find a place like this.  I'm a rabid Linux fanatic who
went blind from diabetic retinopathy in August of '02, and I've been
pretty much offline ever since.  Finally broke down and upgraded my
system to support WinXP and quickly heard about SpeakUp for Linux.  I'm
in the process of looking for a supported speech synth for SpeakUp, so
I'm still stuck in Windows on a 30 minute Win-Eyes time limit.  I hope
to soon get Slackware up and running, and soon be able to contribute to
the SpeakUp effort right along-side everyone.  I'm presently playing
around with a copy of Oralux and learning the features.  Just need that
speech synthesizer, and I should be off and running.  Thank you for all
your efforts.  It is well appreciated.

     Best regards,
         Michael "Foreign White Devil" Ferranti