lynx links and forms in speakup

Gregory Nowak greg at romuald.net.eu.org
Sun Jun 10 13:09:08 EDT 2007

Ok, let me see if I can help here. First, you're probably having the
links repeating issue when arrowing, because you have cursor tracking
set to on. I personally turn it off when browsing, because I'm used to
how speakup reads in lynx that way, though highlight tracking may do
better here, I don't know.

Second, as far as I know, lynx doesn't number forms such as the search
box in google. If you come to a text box that doesn't speak, use your
read previous line key to find out what it is.

I personally find it cumbersome to navigate the page by using the arrow
keys. This isn't browse mode/msaa/whatever your windows screen reader
calls it. What I personally do is to use the read screen key, memorize
the number of the link I want to check out, and either stop reading at
that point, or wait for speakup to finish reading the screen if I'm
interested in what else is there. For the times I do want to browse
line by line, I use the speakup review keys, and then use the slash
key to search for where I want to go to, arrive on that link, and hit
enter.

This is how I personally browse in lynx, and others may prefer to do
it differently. Use whatever methods work for you here. Hth.

Greg