can speakup be used in bsd?

Jeremy l84ad8r at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 23:56:49 EDT 2007

Hello list, I am not quite sure if this is the place for this sort of
question, but, beeing that it had to do with speakup, figured I would
ask and see what I get. First of all, what are the biggest
differences between the bsd systems such as FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD,
and the linux distros, gentoo, debian, etc? From researching and
reading it seems that there are people that either love or hate one
or the other. From a security standpoint, what is more secure? Also,
if bsd is like linux, as it seems to be, could speakup ever be made
to work with it? Once again, I hope this is not off topic, but,
beeing that there are loads of people who understand these things
better than I do, I figured I would ask.