Error message in the latest Espeak 1.26

Jonathan Duddington jsd at clara.co.uk
Fri Jun 8 09:03:27 EDT 2007

On 08 Jun, Hermann <steppenwolf2 at onlinehome.de> wrote:

> just downloaded and installed Espeak 1.26. Everything OK so far, but
> in /var/log/speech-dispatcher/espeak.log

> I found the following message:
> Wrong version of espeak-data 0x12514 (expects 0x12601)

Yes, I've just fixed it.  It's harmless.

I haven't released eSpeak 1.26 yet.  You must have got it from the
development page :-)

The problem was only that I didn't re-compile the phoneme data after i
changed the version number in the program code, so it thought the data
was for the wrong version of eSpeak.

The SourceForge  file release system seems to be not working at the
moment (unless I'm doing something wrong).

BTW, I've improved the German spelling-to-phoneme rules, but there's
still a long way to go!