Upgrading Debian to Testing with speakup

Zachary Kline Z_kline at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 6 14:35:51 EDT 2007

Hiya,
    I was wondering how to upgrade Debian Etch 4.0R0 to Testing with Speakup?  I've got the NetInst stuff from people.debian.org/~shane, but don't know if kernel 2.6.18 is the latest version in Testing.  I'm not sure if I want to run a mixed distribution: is this common with Debian?
    I know that none of the official Deb kernels contain Speakup.  Would I need to roll my own if I wanted to upgrade to Testing?
Thanks,
Zack.