OT: Directory Services and linux

Terry Klarich terry at klarich.net
Wed Jun 6 14:31:24 EDT 2007

LDAP is not something you can setup in a few minutes.  And, it might be over kill for you.  However, there is no other real options
which are secure.  In my case, I built an ldap solution for my employer; so, have been through the learning curve.  I use it for my
home network.  It consists of 4 unix and 3 windows machines.  I wanted to have a single password for all authentication processes.
So far, all unix accounts, samba and web access share the same password.  Put on your climbing equipment because the learning curve
is straight up.

If you go to http://tldp.org/HOWTO/LDAP-HOWTO/ you can find a step by step approach to install ldap.  I'd be willing to assist if I
can.

Terry
On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 12:36:58 -0700you write: