Speakup reading keys in lynx

Michael Weaver weavermicha at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 5 16:34:16 EDT 2007

Speakup and Orca both seem to read the keys in Lynx even when I am
trying to set options which is a bit off putting and confusing because
when I down arrow with the cursor keys I keep getting all that stuff
about Q for quit, O for Options etc which is why I am having problems
reading pages.
How do I stop this?
It seems like Lynx is trying to go into help pages or the keystrokes
keep appearing when I am trying to read pages or alter settings.
What I have tried to do when running Lynx is to type lynx followed by
my URL, press o for options and try to cursor down to the options I
want to change and that is where it tries to read keys so it is like
my option is being blocked by the information it keeps reading.
Do I have to use the Speakup keys or even Orca keys to navigate the options?