Definitely unslung

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Tue Jun 5 19:42:07 EDT 2007

Would personally rather something that's not x86 if I was going to put
together a sub-laptop linux machine.  Seems the smaller/slower
imbedded processors like strongarm are far better on heat and power
consumption.  Especially since it would most likely just run a simple
console maybe with a menu system thrown on top the slower processor
wouldn't matter so much.
On Mon, Jun 04, 2007 at 07:54:40PM -0500, C.M.
Brannon wrote:
> "Georgina Joyce" <gena-j at bulldoghome.com> writes:
>
> > no more mods on this one.  But I'm still looking for a way of
> > building my own Linux portable PC that I can use as a mp3 player if
> > I choose, a note taker, or diary manager.  While the slug has 2 USB
> > ports and a Ethernet connection I really need to be able to add
> > further boards such as Bluetooth and wireless B/G.  So if anyone
> > else is meddling in such areas please let me know.
>
> Hi,
> I've been hoping for an affordable portable Linux system for some
> time, especially if it has wireless networking and ethernet.  I hate
> lugging a laptop; the dead weight of a screen is especially irksome.
> PDAs with speech are overpriced.  Most seem to run Windows, with one
> exception (the Pappenmeier device).
>
> There's a group of people who are trying to turn a Linksys router into
> a talking portable.  See www.louderlinux.net.  I wish them luck.
>
> Does your "slug" device use an x86 processor?  That would make it
> especially attractive.
>
> -- Chris

There are no threads in a.b.p.erotica,  so there's no  gain in using a
threaded news reader.
	-- unknown source