Speech Dispatcher bugfixes, request for help with testing

Hynek Hanke hanke at brailcom.org
Mon Jun 4 07:51:26 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-04 at 13:37 +0200, Hermann wrote:
> No, I couldn't install the latest libspeechd, obtained from freebsoft,
> because it requires libc6 >=2.6.
> dpkg refuses to configure the package, and apt-get recommends to perform
> apt-get -f install
> to restore the old system.

Yes, but you said you downloaded the .tar.gz release and installed it?
This installs libspeechd too. Can you please run ls -l libspeechd* in
/usr/lib/ and /usr/local/lib and send the full report so that we can be
sure?

It is necessary to install libspeechd to get the latest fix for the
speechd-up crashes. Libspeechd has however nothing to do with Speech
Dispatcher crashes. In this regard, the only sensible question is to ask
whether you are sure you are running the latest speech dispatcher?

Have a nice day,
Hynek