speakup, 2.6.22, and the way forward

John covici covici at ccs.covici.com
Sat Jul 28 17:37:06 EDT 2007

And that is the problem -- I wonder if there is any way to  do both --
after all the serial console must be done pretty early in the process
and maybe we could switch to some other access method later on?  If we
can't get the early boot messages or other kernel information, then
speakup may as well be in user space altogether, but that would be a
real sad thing for me at any rate.  Maybe speakup can't ever be
included in the mainstream kernel because of these strange
requirements -- I am not sure.

How do
you spend it?

         John Covici