fedora Everything repom file broken

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Thu Jul 19 18:27:10 EDT 2007

I preserved the instructions I followed to create this error.  Anyone
wishing to check my work can do so by following the following
instructions.
Cut here.

As of Fedora 7 there is no Fedora Extras anymore, because it has merged
with Fedora Core into the "Everything" package collection.

[...]

Fedora Extras for Fedora 3 to 6
===============================

To use this repository in yum add a file in your /etc/yum.repos.d dir with
these contents:

[extras]
name=Fedora Extras - $releasever - $basearch
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/$releasever/$basearch/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/RPM-GPG-KEY-Fedora-Extras

[extras-debug]
name=Fedora Extras - $releasever - $basearch - Debugging packages
baseurl=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/$releasever/$basearch/debug/
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/RPM-GPG-KEY-Fedora-Extras
enabled=0

You will also want to make sure you've imported this:
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/RPM-GPG-KEY-Fedora-Extras

key into your rpm database. Use this command:

rpm --import http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/RPM-GPG-KEY-Fedora-Extras

Reporting Bugs:
When you find a problem you should file reports or rfe's at:

http://bugzilla.redhat.com

Requesting new packages: If there's something you'd like to suggest to be
packaged or if you'd like to offer to package something, email:
fedora-extras-list at redhat.com

For all the latest info on Fedora Extras see:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras

Cut here.