everything repom file broken

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Thu Jul 19 17:57:21 EDT 2007

First of all, what's written up on the fedoraproject site itself about the
extras repository having been rolled into the Everything repository is not
supported by links I could find in the fedoraproject repositories section
of the web site.  I did find an extras repository on the fedoraproject
site and on other fedoraproject site mirrors though. Third, I did not
originally try to download anything from the fedoraproject site itself I
did use instructions provided by another one of the mirrors and ran yum
update.  So how do I know the fedora project repom file was broken when I
tried that update?  Simple, yum was directed by its own technology to
visit the fedoraproject site itself and that's when I heard that error
message. Were the mirror's instructions correct, I don't know and probably
nobody on this list will be able to prove one way or the other without
access to the web site's robots.txt file.  I cleared the mess off my
system so nothing is broken for now.