TTSynth dependancies?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Jul 19 15:30:08 EDT 2007

Darragh Ó Héiligh writes:
> Hello,
> I've purchased TTSynth but cannot get it to install in FEdora 7.
>
> I have also been unable to find an installation manual of any kind
> which doesn't really surprise me as at first glance it seemed like a
> simple enough process,  install the TTSynthCore RPM, install the
> speakup and gnome speech connecters and instal the Gnome Speech build
> from the speakup modified repository ...

Yes, pretty much like that, but you need the 2.96 gcc compatibility
library. Was that on another list I already answered you? I didn't even
check! No matter, you need to do:

yum install compat-libgcc-296

The remaining rpms should then work. Please note we do not yet have rpms
for the Speakup-Connector or TTSynth_Say. They're usually not hard to
build, though.

Janina