Using software synths with orca

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Jul 18 11:28:45 EDT 2007

Well, I don't know about skills in this context, but I do know you're
correct about alternative scenarios. You and I have been writing on and
off list these last days, just to throw out another one. Had you sent me
those exact words privately, I expect I'd have responded very
differently.

For me it really is the categorical statement in public that trips my
ire. I'm sorry it landed on you, but you weren't the
only audience for my remark. It is a public list, after all, and this
isn't the first time I've come down hard on wrong categorical statements. Nor is it likely the last time.

So, maybe I should care a bit more for personal feelings over
principles? Certainly, that's a reasonable view, and I think it's what
you're saying to me. I don't know that I agree, but I will consider it.

PS: Do you really think someone completely new to Linux would write
anything so categorical to the list? Isn't it far more likely from
someone with history and standing in the community who's likely to
confuse what they know with what they think they know? I have been
guilty of this. I'm working on it. I hope to get better, but I suspect
I'll always be working on it no matter how good my skill gets.

Janina