speech-dispatcher beta 1, no speech

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Mon Jul 16 12:49:48 EDT 2007

If you want alsa support, you will need the dev alsa packages as well
(probably something like libasound2-dev).

Also you may want to install the latest version of espeak if you are using
the espeak specific module (the module called espeak, not espeak-generic) as
earlier versions don't support changing the espeak voice through
speech-dispatcher.

Also try disabling any modules you don't actually want, while it doesn't
solve the problem being there in speech-dispatcher, it removes it for you.

So if you still get errors with modules you need, say which ones you are
using (I suggest using the speech-dispatcher names as there the two espeak
modules, espeak and espeak-generic, and things are different for these two
modules).

From
Michael Whapples