Speech Dispatcher 0.6.4 beta1 -- request for help with testing

Lukas Loehrer listaddr1 at gmx.net
Sun Jul 15 13:37:49 EDT 2007

Michael Whapples writes ("Re: Speech Dispatcher 0.6.4 beta1 -- request for help with testing"):
> One question about the espeak module, how can I change the voice? I have
> tried setting the default voice in speechd.conf to FEMALE1 but it seems

For the speech-dispatcher voice settings to work at all with the
espeak module, you will need at least espeak 1.27.08:

http://espeak.sourceforge.net/test/latest.html

Currently, you cannot configure in detail, which espeak voice is used for
which speech-dispatcher setting. This feature might be added to the
module in the future.

Best regards, Lukas