Speech Dispatcher 0.6.4 beta1 -- request for help with testing

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Sun Jul 15 12:36:36 EDT 2007

I have just downloaded it and installed it, seems to be working fine at
the moment, and I am glad that there is now a espeak specific module.
One question about the espeak module, how can I change the voice? I have
tried setting the default voice in speechd.conf to FEMALE1 but it seems
to not have changed anything (even after restarting speech-dispatcher,
and even after a machine restart to make sure it did reload). Is it that
the espeak module doesn't support the different voices?

From
Michael Whapples