Weird eSpeak behaviour

Jonathan Duddington jsd at clara.co.uk
Tue Jan 30 14:21:30 EST 2007

In article <20070130172634.GA31667 at taylor.homelinux.net>,

> I have noticed that whenever eSpeak sees the words "DO NOT" it always
> seems to pronounce it "D O".  I thought it may have been a strange
> problem with version 1.15, which is the one included in Ubuntu, but
> 1.19 does the same thing.  Has anyone else noticed this?

Not until you mentioned it :-)
I've fixed it now, for the next version.

> Is there a fix or work-around available for this at this time?

There's a work-around if you want to edit the  dictsource/en_list file
and re-compile the dictionary data by doing:
   espeak --compile=en

In en_list, find the line which starts with:

   (do not)

i.e. "do not" in brackets, and delete it.