configuring espeak 1.19

Chris Norman cnorman at rnibncw.ac.uk
Tue Jan 30 13:18:02 EST 2007

What is cepstral?

Cheers,

-----Original Message-----
From: speakup-bounces at braille.uwo.ca
[mailto:speakup-bounces at braille.uwo.ca] On Behalf Of Tomas Cerha
Sent: 30 January 2007 18:04
To: speakup at braille.uwo.ca
Subject: Re: configuring espeak 1.19

Steve Holmes wrote:
>> I don't know of cepstral-generic.conf file.  Where did you get it?
> built my own.

Great.  Guess you wouldn't mind sharing it once it works all right...

> the commands so I got it basically working but can't control the voice
> selection as I pointed out earlier.

To set the default voice for the English language, you should have
something like that in your voice mapping:

AddVoice        "en"    "male1"		"voice-name"

where `voice-name' is the name of the voice as recognized by cepstral.

Of course, you also need to use the $VOICE variable within the
GenericExecuteSynth command.

Let me know if that doesn't work and try to turn on debugging as
suggested earlier.

Best regards

Tomas