espeak 1.19 released

Jonathan Duddington jsd at clara.co.uk
Mon Jan 29 16:00:14 EST 2007

In article <20070129203638.GB10165 at lnx3.holmesgrown.com>,
   Steve Holmes <steve at holmesgrown.com> wrote:
> I just installed Espeak 1.18 last week and notice that speak isn't
> included.  Did I miss something or did you add speak back in with your
> version 1.19?

In version 1.19, there are two command-line programs:

1. espeak, which is a very small program which uses the speech engine
in the libespeak shared library.

2. speak, which is a stand-alone version which doesn't use the shared
library.

They should both behave similarly.  You can use either.
The "speak" program is really redundant now, so I may discontinue it in
future releases.