For users of DECtalk Express with large consoles

Garrett Klein garrettklein at comcast.net
Sat Jan 27 00:01:42 EST 2007

Hi all,

I just got this cool DECtalk Express, and it for the most part blows my
old DoubleTalk away. I'm having a rather interesting problem though. My
console is 81 lines by 200 characters, and when I'm reading a screenful
of text (haven't tested this with numpad plus yet) speech just stops
about 5 lines from the bottom of the screen. If it helps, I'm using
firmware from November 8, 1996. My other issues are probably driver
querks that I may be able to iron out. Any info on this would be
appreciated, as I really, really hate having to press a key a few times
and then find where I am.

Garrett