help with fc6 and some kernel issuses

Kristoffer Gustafsson kg84 at nikolausson.cc
Tue Jan 23 16:19:32 EST 2007

Hello!

I want to install speakup on my running system with fedora core 6.

However, I can't do that, because when I try with the 2.6.18 kernel that comes with fedora, I get only errors saying no rule to... and that some files doesn't exist.

So the patch doesn't work either.

So I've tried to download and use a 2.6.19 kernel. it compiles ok, without speakup, but when trying the install scripts it just hunks and rejects everything.
There where some errors with keyboard.c as well at patching, and when compiling the kernel it stops with errors in keyboard.

What is this?

DOesn't speakup work on fc6?
Shall I install fedora core 2 instead, since that was the last distribution speakup worked on or what shall I do?

/Kristoffer