yum update question

Albert E. Sten-Clanton albert.e.sten_clanton at verizon.net
Tue Jan 23 12:07:26 EST 2007

I was able to install ncftp and a couple of other things with yum on Saturday.  I've had no luck with update, though.  When I use

yum update

and answer "y" to downloading the packages, I get a message on downloading and then the following error message:

warning:  rpmtsHdrFromFdno: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 4bfffd75

GPG key parsing failed:  can't set attribute

I suppose I was later in the game than I should have been, but I did try a version of the --import command mentioned in the installation howto on www.speakupmodified.org.  It seemed to do nothing, though, and I think yum asked me about importing one key or another on Saturday.  I can see from yum.log that nothing was installed sinced Saturday.  (Updates would be there too, right?)

While I'm asking about updates, I noticed that the list I got after the command included a lot of items beginning with 2.6.19.  Will I need to create a new initrd for Speakup after I've installed thes--assuming I can?

Thanks for any help!

Al