grml curiosity

tony seth lp800 at myfreedombox.com
Mon Jan 15 18:19:14 EST 2007

Hi all:  I am playing with grml and have a question about speakup.  On
my desktop grml boots up fine with the ltlk but the probe fails on the
laptop.  I've dug all over the site and on the documentation on the cd,
but must either have missed something or there's something different
about the laptop's serial port.  I can get the doubletalk to come up
after it finishes booting by echoing the ltlk to the
/proc/speakup/synth_name and then it works fine.  Is there a way to
perhaps increase the time it waits for the synth probe to find the
doubletalk?  I tried the fwtimeout lengthening it to 500 rather then 50
but no dice.  Any help appreciated.  Thanks much.
Cheereo.

--
Email services by FreedomBox.  Surf the Net at the sound of your voice.
www.freedombox.info