Slackware question

randy turner rturner222 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jan 12 12:29:13 EST 2007

hi dan,
from what i read you do a fresh install of the kernel
apply the speakup patches using that script
then run make mrproper
make menuconfig
or make config
or make oldconfig
make menuconfig might be the best for you.
choose from the menu all that you want to choose
like your synth sound card network card etc
then make dep
then make bzImage
then make install
you mightwant to keep a copy of your old kernel
and map file just incase things don't work out
you also might want to read the install file in the speakup directory
if you run in to any problems
i am a slackware user
randy