Slackware question

Ralph W. Reid rreid at sunset.net
Thu Jan 11 11:08:43 EST 2007

That script is meant to be run to modify generic kernel sources with
the Speakup modifications.  As I recall the steps, you should enter
the kernel source directory, run `make mrproper` to be sure the kernel
source tree is cleaned up (object files, etc.), change into the
directory you mentioned, run the script to modify the kernel source,
change back into the kernel source directory, make the configured
files with something like `make menuconfig`, and then make the kernel.

You can import the configuration file used by the Slackware makers for
the Speakup modified kernel using the option near the bottom of the
menu presented in the `make menuconfig` command if you want to start
with the Slackware defaults for such a modified kernel.  Keep plugging
away at it--you'll get the hang of kernel compiling before too long.

HTH a little, and have a great day.

On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 04:28:40AM -0500, dan Murphy wrote:
> Hello listers.
> I am running Slackware 11.0 kernel 2.4.33.3, and I have a question.
> In /usr/src/, there is a directory called speakup-2.4.33.3.
> In there is a script called apply-speakup-patch
> Is this to be used if I wish to compile 2.4.33.3 with speakup, and if so,
> when should the patch be applied?
> Thanks.

rreid at sunset.net  http://personalweb.sunset.net/~rreid
...passing through The City of Internet at the speed of light...
y = x ^ LOG_B (x, y)