speakup "remembers" old screen

Michael Whapples mikster4 at msn.com
Wed Jan 10 06:51:00 EST 2007

When I was using slackware on my desktop I don't remember having this
issue (I was using a kernel I compiled myself, through different
versions, I know definitely including some of the 2.6.17 kernel
versions), but now I have switched to ubuntu (the standard ubuntu
kernel), I seem to get the problem with scrolling text (I think no other
time). Pressing the numpad enter seems to solve it. Its almost as if
speakup isn't tracking the scrolling, and the numpad enter returns it to
the cursor (which it should) which is at the current screen position.

From
Michael Whapples