Speakup Digest, Vol 41, Issue 47

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Tue Feb 27 17:00:15 EST 2007

* Albert E. Sten-Clanton <albert.e.sten_clanton at verizon.net> wrote:

> Mika, thanks for telling me about the soundtest command.  It told
> me on my screen that the sound card seems to work, but there was
> no sound from the card.  My speakers are on, volume up.  I wonder
> if something got connected wrong, but I know too little to guess
> sensibly.  Again, though, thanks for the help to this point.

If soundtest reports "It looks like sound works for you. :-)" it's
very probably that the mixer settings aren't ok. Check output of
'aumix -q' (compare with another, working system for example) and
whether 'amixer set Front unmute 1; amixer set Front 75%' helps.

-mika-
--
 ,'"`.         http://www.michael-prokop.at/
(  grml.org -» Linux Live-CD for texttool-users and sysadmins