need help getting fedora 6 to boot with speech

Doug Sutherland doug at proficio.ca
Sat Feb 10 19:46:49 EST 2007

Corey,

Okay, if disabling apic stops doubletalk, then did you
try the other suggestion instead of getting someone to
disable ACPI in BIOS settings?

One of the things that ACPI does is dynamic assignment
of interrupts (IRQs). Those kernel messages showed
failures while trying to do that dynamic IRQ assignment.
Disabling ACPI will tell the kernel to assign interrupts
the old fashioned way, like before ACPI was available.

If that doesn't work then are there any other specific
error messages? Does the system proceed to install
and just not speak, or what exactly is happening?

  -- Doug