FC6 success

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Feb 3 13:50:48 EST 2007

Contrats, Albert. It's heartening to read about your success.

Now that you have Fedora installed, you might want to add the Speakup
Modified to your yum repository. That way you'll be able to yum install
orca, lsr, the emerging accessible Firefox 3, and of course get the
latest and greatest Speakup enabled Fedora kernels. To add the
SpeakupModified to your yum repositories do the following as root:

rpm -iv http://speakupmodified.org/speakupmodified-release.rpm

You will need do this only once. After that, this repository will be
one of the repositories yum checks when you install and update.

To install orca and lsr you would do:

yum install orca lsr

And, to get the latest Firefox you would do a more elaborate
command--because Firefox is still alpha software--all on one line:

yum --disablerepo='*' --enablerepo=speakupmodified-development install
firefox

Enjoy!

Janina