slackware can't install

Chris Norman chris.norman4 at ntlworld.com
Fri Aug 24 04:28:32 EDT 2007

If you have a braillenote, then you can install Fedora using braille
(can't speak for speakup), using a braillified installer from
http://dave.mielke.cc/brltty.
I won't even try to remember the commands because I'll probably get 'em
wrong, but they're not that hard to find. You can go through the hole
thing, then what I'd do after the install has completed, before you
reboot, is turn off firstboot, if you get the installation guide from
the speakup site and search within it for "chkconfig", then reboot. Log
in to a console as root (there will be no speech or braille), and
install brailletty either from source (by putting it on to a memory
stick or FTP) then you have braille to install anything else.

HTH.