debian 4.0 questions

lists at barrettpianos.co.uk lists at barrettpianos.co.uk
Fri Aug 10 18:05:49 EDT 2007

Hi all

Just completed the install of the latest debian from Shane.

So, I would now like to start doing some tasks.  Just wondering
about e-mail perhaps with mutt?

>From google, I gather there are a few choices, can anyone suggest
some reading on mail configuration for a beginner?

Also, can I prevent gdm from starting when I boot?  Not sure that I
want to remove it as I may want to try orca one day.

I did not select desktop computer in the software install options but
chose the last option, general system, I think but seems this has all
the graphical stuff as well.

Thanks and also thanks to John for his previous anser.

Keith