Ubuntu, latest version with Speakup support?

Keith Hinton keithint38 at CommSpeed.net
Sat Apr 28 04:26:43 EDT 2007

Hello to all on the Speakup mailing list! I was wondering if the latest
release of Ubuntu Feisty or whatever the latest version of Ubuntu is for the
desktop system contains Speakup in it's kernel?
Also, though this is off topic somewhat, when I tell Speechd-up to set -t at
bootup, where would the configuration files be on Ubuntu for Speechd-up, and
also: How would I set it?
Dontinittables with dash signs in between each word? Like this:
dont-init-tables=1 (Notice the equals sign)
Or would I set it without dash marks? (Wich syntax to use?)
Like this:
Dontinittables=1?
I need to know this as soon as possible.
Regards, --Keith, KeithNet Network Administrator