Braille display advice

Georgina Joyce gena-j at bulldoghome.com
Wed Apr 25 06:00:11 EDT 2007

Hi

I wondered if a more appropriate list I could pose my question about modern displays supported by brltty.

I'm looking for a portable Braille display that can be used on Windows and Linux to support my studies at university.  So far the UK distributors of the focus have let me down twice over an arranged demo.  The Royal National Institute of the Blind wanted me to purchase a display from Humanware but I don't think that is supported.  I can't seem to see the info on their displays from their website, wasn't it called the Braillet?

Any pointers to a more appropriate list or experiences of display users will be appreciated.

Many thanks.

BTW:  The Humanware.ca site is falsely displaying the WC3 validation icon but the product page had 5 errors.

Gena

Amateur Call: M 0 E B P

VOIP / IM: gena1959uk