ot: install help

Guy Schlosser guyster at buckeye-express.com
Wed Apr 25 03:09:58 EDT 2007

Hi all, I know this is off-topic for this list in a way because it
deals with orca, but then not so ot, because I want to get speakup
running after install.  I am trying to install ubuntu 7.04, and was
wondering if someone here can help.  An over-the-phone walk through
would be awesome, but will settle for E-mail.  Here is my
problem:  When I boot the live cd and enter a terminal, speech seems
to be fine.  When I follow instructions I found on the orca wiki,
that say to enter "sudo su, unload orca, then type "orca --no-setup
--disable main-window", I get the welcome, then a message that says,
"switching to focus tracking mode", then no speech.  If anyone can
help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much,

Guy