Stopping Speakup while using Gnome.

Zachary Kline Z_kline at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 21 23:00:49 EDT 2007

Hello,
    This simply isn't working for me--I've killed Speakup on TTY7, after
starting Gnome and Orca, but the speakup keypad review keys still say blank,
and preempt Orca's review keys.  Could the fact I'm using a software
synthesizer have something to do with this?  Is this a bug fixed in later
Speakup versions?
Thanks,
Zack.