command line option in speakup to change synthisizer options

Nick Gawronski nick at nickgawronski.com
Sat Apr 21 22:58:45 EDT 2007

Hi, well that is a good thing but it would be even better if they were
command line or module or configuration options, this way no changing rc
scripts and that does not really allow you to hear all of the boot messages
with the rate, pitch and other settings right from booting.  This is why I
would like it configurable at boot time so I could just put the settings in
grub or module options and the speakup screen reader would automatically
start with the settings you want, no later changing them.  If you are
listening to a message and fsck is running with the punc_level set to the
default I always get dashes and slashes as it is checking the filesystem.
If I could set the level to 0 upon boot then I would not hear these messages
and I don't really like hearing those anyway.