VmWare

Jeremy l84ad8r at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 03:27:24 EDT 2007

Late reply to one of the earlier posts on this subject. I had asked a
question about how to get a installation of linux running in a vm,
and, I have to say that I did get it working. It Turned out to be
very easy, but, I was wondering about sound support in the vm as I
was just using speakup through my serial port. It was kind of cool
when I got it working as I was on skype on the windows host and it
never gave me any trouble, but, I am guessing that getting some sort
of software synth working would not work unless I had another
soundcard to rout it through? I am not even sure if I can find
drivers for my soundcard that is built into this laptop, but, that is
a question for another time I suppose. If someone can tell me more
about how this kind of thing works, that would be wonderful. I
noticed that someone did get software speech going with a vm, so,
figured I would ask.
Thanks bunches.