VmWare

Brent Harding bharding at doorpi.net
Mon Apr 16 10:35:13 EDT 2007

To install about anything else that needs serial console, where does one end
up getting a virtual serial port into the Windows side? I assume that a
virtual port is needed on the host side to connect to the VM's virtual
serial port. I would say that Minicom with Cygwin is probably the easiest
way to deal with installations where you need to deal with the checkboxes
and other controls in dialog boxes that come from the VM side of the
connection.