errors when reinstalling kernel-2.6.19 on fedora core 6

Nick Gawronski nick at nickgawronski.com
Sun Apr 8 21:22:59 EDT 2007

Hi, that worked just fine.I noticed that the rpm installation
automatically created an initrd image for me.  I whent ahead and
recreated it for my synthisizer as it said in the howto.  What script on
my system controls how the inital initrd that is created with the rpm
installation of the kernel so I could modify it for my synthisizer?  For
some odd reason grub tried to look for a floppy in my floppy and I got
lots of I/O errors but other then those my /etc/grub.conf got updated
properly.  I also notice that my backspace is not beeping at me at the
bash prompt and also when using ftp with bell mode on.  Anything I
should check in the configuration as to why backspace does not beep at